Monday, April 27, 2009

I want to live in Galt's Gulch

I finally read the book I have wanted to read for a long time, and current events have finally encouraged me to do it.

Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged wasn't the best book I ever read, but it has made me think more than any thing else I have ever read. The comparisons to current events are maybe a bit thin, but there are some striking similarities. Trying not to give anything away to those who have yet to read it, the present day sniveling whiners that we know as liberals are immediately obvious in the book as sniveling, whining looters. The insistance of the looters that logic is overridden by feelings and need, the hatred of success and the successful, and the greed of the government are very recognizable.

Go read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment