Monday, April 23, 2007

Spare a square?

From the global warming crowd, we have more proof that having fame doesn't necessarily mean you have any brains.

Sheryl Crow wants to eliminate paper napkins. She knows people are messy, and need to wipe their faces with something. To replace napkins, she has designed clothing with changeable sleeves. While eating, you wipe with your sleeve, then just change it. Blow your nose on it, too.

More; she wants to put a limit on toilet paper usage;

I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required.

And Laurie David provided an example of how little she understands how the world works. She was giving her 'Stop Global Warming' speech as the opening act of a rock concert, and some people weren't happy.

Tonight, I spoke outside the gorgeous Charlottesville pavilion, in front of a couple of thousand slightly inebriated college men (there to see the wonderful Robert Randolph and the Family Band) who were forced to sit through the opening act . . . me. Truly, it was one of the most challenging 20 minutes of my life. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw guys yawning, I heard kids saying "where's the music?" and I think I heard the "b" word. I rushed through the speech and when I walked off the stage I immediately burst into tears.

Those inconsiderate meanies, wanting to hear music at a concert.

Our other surprise was a visit by former Vice President Al Gore who sat and talked with us on the bus about what he hopes to see happen in this country as the stop global warming movement catches fire.

Wouldn't that raise his carbon footprint?


Read the whole WaPo article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment