Monday, May 15, 2006

The Immigration Speech

I'll have to admit, as a conservative, I haven't been real happy with the Republicans lately, and I have not been happy with the president. I still support him, and the speech tonight went a long way on restoring my faith in his conservative credentials. If he follows through, and if the weasels on the left and right allow him to have what he wants, I think it will work.
Problem is, both sides in congress will be scared to death that they are going to alienate a voter somewhere, and they are worried that they might lose some contributions from the scumbag companies that are hiring these people. Companies like Tyson, and Cargill, and the motels, and whoever the hell else that cannot do business by paying decent wages.
It isn't about jobs Americans won't do, it's about companies that can't exist legally.

No comments:

Post a Comment